I have a strong passion for teaching, knowledge translation, and the communication of ideas. As an educator I am skilled in creating an engaging learning environment featuring thematic units with integrated curriculum, hands-on interactive lessons and multimedia technology.
My focus and research interests include: Creating safe and optimal learning environments in corporate settings.
- Masters in Education & Curriculum Planning, Simon Fraser University – 2016
- University Teaching and Learning Certificate, Simon Fraser University – 2015
- Fine Arts Techniques, Emily Carr University, 2009
- Safe Harbor – AMSSA – Diversity & Inclusion, 2017
- Ed Media Protégé, Simon Fraser University, 2016
- Instructional Skills Workshop, Simon Fraser University, 2015
- Project Management I and II, Simon Fraser University, 2015
- Scientific and Technical Writing, Simon Fraser University, 2015
- Time Management, Simon Fraser University, 2015
- International Teaching Assistant Certification, Simon Fraser University, 2015
- APEX – Advanced Professional Engagement And Exploration, Simon Fraser University, 2015
Publications I have co-authored:
- Health Promoting Universities: Shifting from health education to social innovation. Fourth Edition. Canadian Scholars’ Press Inc. Toronto. 2017
Coauthored a book chapter with Ardiles P, Hutchinson C, Stanton A, Dhaliwal R, Aslan M and Black T. In Rootman I, Dupéré S, Pederson A, and Dupéré, S.